Wednesday, August 1

HAPPY in the middle with you

hello scrappy friends!

i've created this layout for the july challenge going on at MME. the theme was "halfway there" and since july is halfway through 2012, the challenge was to document day 183 from 2012 {july 1st}!

on july 1st we were at DUINRELL - an attraction park here in holland. we were with close friends, the weather was warm {something very unusual for holland} and the kids were having so much FUN, hence the title!



i used MME "lime twist" collection and few of MME's amazing stamp sets - "lost and found two" and "fine and dandy - girl". 

i begun by creating my own background using the crafter's workshop "reversed chicken wire" mask and modeling paste. after the paste was dry i colored the cardstock and the wire image with PANPASTELS. 



then i distressed my pictures and begun fussy cutting the different elements from the pattern paper. 


i used MME's stamp sets to create the banners:


i cut the title letters with TIM HOLTZ' "alphabetical" die:


the subtitle i wrote by hand using FABER-CASTELL  artist brush pen brown:


i covered my chippie with gesso first and then with snow marker:


i hope you enjoyed today's post!

thanks for visiting my blog! and make sure to pop up tomorrow because i have a BIG surprise for you {HINT - it is heartfelt creations related}!

hugs 'n smiles,
Emmy

4 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Emilia, this is so awesome! I love the summery colors and all the beautiful details! Hugs

Caroline D. said...

So gorgeous and that chicken wire background is fantastic!!! Now I want some panpastels!! LOL I love this fun layout with all the fun balloons!!

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Love your layout Emmy!! I still have some of this MME paper in my stash and this makes me want to dig it out. Your reverse chicken wire technique is awesome.